Peer Reviewed Publications:
· Sameer Deshkar, Chosein Yamahata, Apurva Sharma, Vibhas Sukhwani, Planning for Vulnerability Reduction of Urban Core: A Case Study of Bhopal, India, Policy Science Review, 2016, Vol. 7, pp. 59-66, Institute of Policy Science Aichi Gakuin University.
· Makiko Takeda, Chosein Yamahata, Sameer Deshkar, Academia in Communities, for Communities and by Communities in Building Capacity and Promoting Benefits for Locals, Policy Science Review, 2016, Vol. 7, pp. 29-34, Institute of Policy Science Aichi Gakuin University.
· S. Deshkar, V. Adane, Community Resilience Approach For Prioritizing Infrastructure Development In Urban Areas, In Eds. Rajib Shaw, Atta-ur-Rahman, Akhiles Surjan and Gulhan Ara, Urban Disasters and Resilience in Asia, 2016, pp. 245-267, Elsevier.
· S. Deshkar, Y. Hayashi, Y. Mori, An Alternative Approach for Planning the Resilient Cities in Developing Countries, International Journal of Urban Sciences, 2011, Volume 15 Number 01, pp, 1-14.
· S. Deshkar, C. Yamahata, Framework for Integrating Risk Resiliency and Quality of Life of Displaced Population in Developing Countries: An Indian Scenario, Policy Science Review, 2011, Vol. 2, pp. 21-30, Institute of Policy Science Aichi Gakuin University.
· C. Yamahata, S. Deshkar, Growing Concerns for the Needs and Rights of Forced Displacees: From Global Obligation to Actual Protection of Burma’s IDPs, Policy Science Review, 2011, Vol. 2, pp. 45-66, Institute of Policy Science Aichi Gakuin University.
· S. M. Deshkar, Kautilya Arthashastra and its relevance to Urban Planning Studies; Institute of Town Planners, India Journal 7 – 1, pp. 87 – 95, January – March 2010
· Tin Nwe Oo, Dakey Shruthi, Deshkar Sameer, Yamahata Chosein, Role of Civil Society Organizations in Myanmar’s Flood-Prone Regions: Humanitarian Assistance for Community Resilience, SPANDREL (Under review)
· Vibhas Sukhwani, Sameer Deshkar, An Approach for Building Resilience of Rural Settlements in India, A case study of Melghat, Journal for Rural Development (Under review, submitted on October 25, 2016)
Other prominent publications
· Arundeep Shambhoji, Sameer M. Deshkar, The Concept of Transit Oriented Development towards achieving Low Carbon Development in Developing Countries, Proceedings of peer reviewed National conference on Sustainable and Smart Cities (SSC-15) organized by S.V. National Institute of Technology, Surat, India during 10th -11th April 2015, pg 516-523
· S. Deshkar, Academic Diplomacy & Social Transformations: Some Issues & Concerns, presentation at Indo- Japan- Myanmar International Seminar organized by Aichi Gakuin University, Nagoya, Japan during 17-18th March, 2015
· S. Deshkar, Academic Diplomacy For Transforming Rural Regions Of India: A case of Lawada Cluster In Dharani Block of Melghat, presentation at Indo- Japan- Myanmar International Seminar organized by Aichi Gakuin University, Nagoya, Japan during 17-18th March, 2015
· S. Deshkar, Prioritizing Urban Infrastructure Provisions for achieving Disaster Risk Resilient Communities: Policy Innovations through Academic Research, presentation at Indo- Japan- Myanmar International Seminar organized by Aichi Gakuin University, Nagoya, Japan during 17-18th March, 2015
· E. Lalitha, S. M. Deshkar, Green Infrastructure: An approach for Urban Storm Water Management, Proceedings of peer reviewed National Seminar on Innovations in Green Building Technology organized by The Institution of Engineers, India, January 2014, pg. 157-162
· S. M. Deshkar, V. S. Adane (2012), Infrastructure Based Community Resiliency and its role in Urban Growth Management, Proceedings of International conference URBIO : Urban Biodiversity and Climate Change held at IIT, Mumbai, India
· S. M. Deshkar, V. S. Adane (2012), Evaluation Framework for Infrastructure Based Community Resiliency, 3rd Global Forum on Resilient Cities held at Bonn, Germany
· S. M. Deshkar (2009), Risk Resiliency and Quality of Life of Urban Populations in Developing Countries, at Japan-Indo Conclave on Local-Global Cooperation towards Refugees, Displaced Peoples and Environmental Migrants: Assessment, Responses and Challenges, held by Aichi Gakuin University, Nagoya, Japan.
· S. M. Deshkar (2007), Community Based Disaster Management in India- prospects and issues, Proceedings of 2nd Annual Conference on Public Policy and Management held at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore on 13th April 2007.
· S. M. Deshkar (2007), Marginalized People and sustenance of Peri-urban open spaces, at seminar on “Sustainable Development of Marginalised People, organized by Indian Environmental Society, New Delhi
· S. M. Deshkar (2006), Disaster Management Plan Preparation in India-some experiences, at National Seminar on Sustainable Development for Tsunami Affected Areas held at School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi.
· S. M. Deshkar (2005), Approaches to vegetation studies in Urban Planning, a case of Bangalore, Regional Seminar on “Biodiversity: Problems & Prospects for conservation & Development” organized by Dept. of Urban & Regional Planning, School of Planning & Architecture, JNTU, Hyderabad.